The General Directorate for the Information Society is responsible for the management, control and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure of the Autonomous City of Melilla, as well as for providing digital transformation services, technological innovation projects and training and dissemination activities in these disciplines.
In 2020, the General Directorate decided to face the challenge of building a visual identity that would help the brand positioning and reinforce the commitment and reliability with which the DGSI faces its competences.
The goal was to find a powerful, reliable, innovative, yet institutional solution.
In addition, a series of premises that the identity had to comply with were established:
- Umbrella brand, to identify all DGSI services and projects.
- Iconic. Easily identifiable and very recognizable.
- It should function almost as a "seal of guarantee" of quality.
- It should be able to be accompanied, if necessary, by the institutional logos of the CAM (or others such as FEDER Funds, etc.). But it must also be able to function independently.
- Correct reproduction on all media used by the DGSI (stationery, posters, digital media, brochures, signage, merchandising...).
We propose a solid visual identity, very identifiable and timeless; something more similar to those of large corporations, to try to move away from trivial concepts and hackneyed styles so common in the technology sector.
We are inspired by the technological advances that have allowed new forms of "connection" and transmission of information in recent decades. We talk about microchips, printed circuit boards, cell phone SIM cards, information flows, HTML code... and some elements that are already part of the collective imagination.
After numerous attempts in the process of immersion and exploration that we undertook, we finally came up with a very powerful solution, the result of an extreme synthesis exercise in which we eliminated everything superficial to leave only the essence of the brand.
CREATIVE DIRECTION: Julio Liarte
GRAPHIC DESIGN: Julio Liarte
The objective was to find a powerful, reliable, innovative, yet institutional solution.
We proposed a solid visual identity, very identifiable and timeless; something more similar to those of large corporations.